Saturday, March 19, 2011

Surviving Central PA

Between Garmins, 3G Laptop Cards, and iPhones, there is no shortage of information for travelers.  If you need to find the nearest Starbucks or Marriott, your navigation system is more than happy to accommodate you.  But what do you do when the nearest Applebee's is 85 miles away?  How do you navigate the gray areas in between comfortable corporate America and the great unknown?
As a fairly recent resident to Central Pennsylvania, these are the questions that I have been grappling with over the past year.  Coming from a metropolitan and food-infused community to the middle of Pennsylvania has been a difficult adjustment.  The majority of print publications in the area are of little use, there is no general guidebook, internet involvement in the area is small-scale, and everything appears to be spread word of mouth...which is great...if you know who to talk to.

Next Exit: Nothing

This blog is an effort to help others traveling to or through the area with dining options.  These tidbits are designed to help you evade the trials and tribulations I went through in gaining them.  With that said, comments are encouraged as they will only better help me to explore the area and in turn publish back my findings.  I hope this can serve as a survival guide to you, I only wish there had been one for me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment